1. Overnight oats & Porridge
A personal favourite of Soph. basically because you just have to sit down in the morning and ate it – no mucking about making it but going straight in with a spoonful of creamy goodness 🙂 Simply put ½ cup whole oats in a manson jar or breakfast bowl with 1 cup liquids i.e. hot water, almond, milk, milk, juice etc. Then add your flavours.Put in the fridge if contains dairy or leave on the bench covered, if not diary, overnight and eat ready in the morning.
- cinnamon & raisins (tastes like hot cross buns!)
- apple crumble oats
- pumpkin porridge (pictured)
- hot cross bun porridge
- coconut porridge topped with berries & nuts
- caramel overnight oats – add 4-5 fresh medjool dates
- carrot cake oats
Just ensure you have…
+ carbohydrates – fruits, vegetables, oats
+ protein – protein powder, avocado, nut, seeds, chia seeds
+ healthy fats – avocado, nuts, seeds, nut butter, coconut oil
+ Optional, Add in some superfood to get even more kickstart in your day like cacao powder – for a chocolate hit, maca powder – for hormone support, goji berries – for a dose of antioxidants, bee pollen – for huge amounts of energy, nutrients and vitamins. Superfood are totally optional because we know these aren’t cheap and sometimes less is better fruits and vegetables have huge amounts of vitamins and nutrients too plus they are cheaper! – so don’t fret at all if these aren’t added.
Make the night before and store in the fridge, top in the morning with freshly sliced fruit or put frozen berries in it the night before.
Can also make this in the morning and let it sit for 5-10minutes while you get dressed.
The general recipe = ¼ cup chai seeds + 1 cup liquids + ½ tsp vanilla essence + other flavouring of choice.
Then top with all your favourite fruits, nuts, dried fruits and yogurt or coconut cream.
4. GF Toast with; (I have been using the Paleo Bread Loafs)
- smashed avocado, salt, pepper and lemon juice
- sliced banana & 100% peanut butter
- Marmite & avocado (a kiwi classic)
- Manuka honey or berry chai jam
- banana & coconut loaf smeared with honey & organic butter
- veggie loaves with avocado & sliced tomato, salt and pepper
“Eating breakfast will help kickstart your metabolism and makes you more likely to make healthier choices throughout the day too.”
Megs + Soph xx