Its no secrete we looove smoothie bowls and we won’t lie they are usually chocolate flavoured of some sort often containing berries too. But sometimes you just need to feel like your fully detoxing and drinking something so fresh it instantly makes you feel healthy, lighter and brighter! So after 24 hours of devouring food in Auckland 2 trips to Little Bird Unbakery and Wise Ciscada, True Food and Yoga + a late night trip to the Supermarket for a treat (because it’s bloody pricey!) snack of The Collective thick and creamy yogurt with Chocolate Paleo Granola. We were in dire need of some detoxing from food overload, feeling slightly sorry for ourselves that typical routine.. on the bright side felt like a million bucks after this smoothie.
- 2 cups almond milk (can use water or other milk here)
- 1 1/2 frozen banana’s
- 1 avocado
- 1 heaped tsp spiralina
- 1 tsp honey
- 3 balls/handfuls of frozen spinach / kale
- 1 serve vanilla protein powder, Nuzest – optional
- squeeze of lemon or orange juice – optional
Throw all the ingredients in the Vitamix Blender and blend on medium to high for 1 minute until super creamy and no chunks are left. Blending for longer makes the avocado super whipped hence the creamy texture.
Pour evenly into two breakfast bowls and go crazy with the toppings…
- Tom & Luke balls
- Sliced banana
- Homemade muesli or Granola
- Shredded / flakes of coconut
- Coconut cream / yoghurt – our fav is Raglan Coconut Yoghurt
- Chia Seeds, pumpkin seeds – any seeds!
- Store brought Granola – picture is the Choc-nut no-grainola from Pure Delish
- Any in season fruits sliced
What other suggestions for toppings do you have? Share them below…
Megs and Soph x