This recipe was inspired by Ben Warren’s Turmeric Latte recipe – I have recently become obsessed with. Its such a delicious way to heat up your insides and turmeric is a wonderful anti-inflammatory while the ginger is great for circulation and warming you up – savour for my forever freezing hands and feet!
Get Ben Warrens Turmeric Latte recipe here
TURMERIC LATTE PORRDIEG RECIPE
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (organic)
- 1 heaped tbsp fresh turmeric root*, grated (or use approximately 1-2 teaspoons turmeric paste – *see below).
- 1 heaped tsp cinnamon
- dash of pure vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger root OR 1 teaspoon ground
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- ½ – 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Raw honey or maple to taste
- Pinch of cracked black pepper
* To make the turmeric paste, combine 2 parts turmeric powder with 1 part boiling water. Mix and store any extra in the fridge for up to 5 days
Add all the ingredients to a small saucepan and cook over a low heat.
Stir well so it does not stick to the bottom.
Once the oats have thicken up about 10 minutes or to the consistency you desire for your porridge then pour into a bowl.
Serve with organic Greek or natural yogurt, granola, drizzle of maple or honey, ginger balls or whatever else you fancy or maybe just some milk and tuck in!
Megs and Soph x